Thursday, October 17, 2013

Week 8 Final Pixel Art Prop

My research phase first consisted of doing a skull, but i'm not that skilled in pixel art so i decided to do something smaller and easier. I went with an axe which fits the 1800s period. I first traced the outline for the axe and then selected my basic color palette which contained dark to light grays and dark to light browns. I colored the head to make it look weathered just like the original image. As for the handle i blurred the three colors to give it a wood like tone.

1 comment:

  1. really good shape with the line work. also good form with your shading. the head of the axe has great texture on it. to upgrade, try to get some wood grain texture on the handle. also see if you are interested in revisiting the skull because you did great on its lines.

    ReplyDelete